Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Wednesday, May 6, 1868

This has been a Cloudy, and windy, cold day! It has rained some.
Mrs. Harper came over this morning and brought us some milk and some calico for me to make Mary Ann a skirt and a dress and sleeves. I have got most done.
Pa and Billy have been planting potatoes, and Rob has been sharpening hop poles.

I have commenced to take Iodine to day, and it is very nasty!

***

Neice Notes: I think Mary Ann was Mrs. Harper's daughter. From all I can gather, Celia was a talented and passionate seamstress and frequently helped friends and family with their sewing projects. This hobby has most definitely run in the family! Another note is that Celia's brother William goes by many different nicknames: Bill, Billy, Will, and William all refer to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment