Sunday, September 27, 2015

Saturday, September 26, and Sunday, September 27, 1868

Saturday, September 26, 1868
Oh dear me, how cloudy and cold it is! It seems as though we must have snow before morning. It is so cold to night!
We expected the girls to night, but they have not come, so I guess they have not finished. I am afraid they will both get sick.
It has been such very wet and cold weather all the time.
Rob came home to night, but he is almost sick with a hard cold. He cannot speak a loud word. He is so hoarse!
I gathered the grapes to day. We had about ½ bushel done. David came into the garden with us picking them.

Sunday, September 27, 1868
This has been a cold, cloudy day. I did not go to Church this morning. Maria went. I staid at home and wrote a letter to Add.
We expected the girls to day, but they did not come.

Mr. Foote came up to see if he could get Maria to work for his wife this winter, but she had agreed to go to Mr. Briggs as soon as the girls got home, so she did not go. Mr. Briggs came up this evening to see if the girls [are] back yet. However, he could get her.

No comments:

Post a Comment