Saturday, April 9, 2016

Thursday, April 8, 1869; Friday, April 9, 1869; and Saturday, April 10

Thursday, April 8, 1869
This has been a beautiful day. I baked pies and bread this forenoon, and this afternoon have been tumbling [?] yarn.
The boys finished their job for Mr. Riley this forenoon. Rob has gone down to work for Mr. Chappel this afternoon. He wants him 004 days.
I feel real miserable to night. I think I took all yesterday walking in the wind so far.

Friday, April 9, 1869
A splendid day. The sun has been as warm as summer. I have not done much of anything to day. I feel about sick to night. I have a very sore throat.
Pa and Will have been drawing wood out of Mr. Hastings’ woods to day. Rob is down to Mr. Chappel’s.
Mr. Clark came for some oats to day. Got 6 bushels. Jim Canada came this afternoon to get our men folks to go and help. John Mendham raised his new barn to morrow afternoon.

Saturday, April 10
This has been a cold, windy day. I moped and baked bread this forenoon, and this afternoon I baked 2 loaves of cream cake. Clara went over to Emma Stephens this afternoon to make a visit. The men [folks] all went up to the raising this afternoon.

My cold makes me about sick to night, and I have such sharp pain in one of my shoulders and side.

No comments:

Post a Comment