Sunday, August 2, 2015

Saturday, August 1, and Sunday, August 2, 1868

Saturday, August 1, 1868
This has been a very pleasant day indeed. We hurried around this morning and got ready, and Annah and George and me and Cad went down town and went over the river to see Ruth, so I have seen Jane for the first time since I have been here. Got to Ruth’s about noon. She is well and had a washer woman to do her washing. Little Gerty is not very well to day.

Sunday, August 2, 1868
This has been a pleasant day. Little Gerty is better to day. Clara is better to bad [?] and Ruth and me went down to meeting this forenoon. It was in the Jackson Hall. The text was in Acts 6 chapter and 3 verse. I saw my old friend Annie Fot.
It has been raining a little this afternoon.

Clara and I are going to stay a week with Ruth’s if we can.

***

Neice Notes: Ruth is another one of Celia's older sisters, who lived on the outskirts of Saginaw. Gerty was Ruth's baby daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment