Friday, August 28, 2015

Thursday, August 27, and Friday, August 28, 1868

Thursday, August 27, 1868
Another warm day. My cold is better to day.
Melia and I have been quilting real steady all day to day. We have got one quilt almost done. It is Maria’s star quilt.
Melia and I went down town after tea to get some things Billy and father had sent in the letter for. We got them. Billy’s was a set of very pretty jewelry and Pa’s was a shirt.

Friday, August 28, 1868
Another pleasant day, and very warm. We finished of our quilt, and I commenced my sash this afternoon.
I fell almost sick to day. I have got the dysentery that is going around. Almost everybody has it.
Our folks commenced cutting the corn to day. They cut that in the hop field, and Mr. Cassidy [?] came to blast the stones. We all went out and seen it done.


No comments:

Post a Comment