Friday, August 21, 2015

Thursday, August 20, and Friday, August 21, 1868

Thursday, August 20, 1868
This has been a dark, cloudy day, and has rained some. We have been very busy finishing Ruth’s sewing, for we are going down to morrow, if all is well.
Annah was down all the afternoon, so we had a nice visit. After tea, we had the horses saddled and we all had a ride. I rode Mr. Moore’s horse. Clara got thrown off, but it did not hurt her.

Friday, August 21, 1868

This has been a warm day. Henry and Add brought Clara and I down to Ruth’s to day. We rode down here on a load of wheat. We got here about 1 o’clock. Ruth was busy sewing. We pitched in and helped her all we could, and I am very tierd to night, but Ruth is almost ready to go home with us. I am glad to help her all I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment