Saturday, February 20, 2016

Friday, February 19; and Saturday, February 20; 1869

Friday, February 19, 1869
This has been a cold day, much colder than we have been having. Melia and I intended to have went down town to day but could not. Will went to mill with wheat. Clara has been making a picture frame to day.
I have been fixing up my dress. I put a new braid on it.
It seems hard to have it so cold after such a warm spree!

Saturday, February 20, 1869
This has been a dull, cloudy day, and it has snowed some. We have been doing a little of everything to day. I baked pies and bread this forenoon, and this afternoon Melia and I went down town, and we went over to see Maria. She was well. We got a letter from Cad Hubbard. I got some cloth to make Clara a Chemise. It was 14¢ per yard.

Rob came home to night to stay until to morrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment