Thursday, February 18, 2016

Wednesday, February 17; and Thursday, February 18; 1869

Wednesday, February 17, 1869
This has been a cold, windy day. I baked some pies this forenoon, and this afternoon we cut and sewed some carpet rags. I feel some better than I did last night. I think my cold is better.
We pieced a quilt lining this afternoon. We want to go down town to morrow if it does not storm to get some quilt frames, so we can quilt a quilt.

Thursday, February 18, 1869
Another very disagreeable day. It snowed and rained all the forenoon, and this afternoon it has snowed and blowed a perfect gale! John Mendham was here this morning to see if Maria had concluded to go to work for them in the spring, but I guess she can not go.
We cut and sewed several carpet rags this afternoon and this evening.

We had nothing to do now. How long the time seems!

No comments:

Post a Comment