Monday, February 15, 2016

Sunday, February 14; and Monday, February 15; 1869

Sunday, February 14, 1869
Oh, what a day this has been! It has rained steady all day. Rob came home this morning. He came as far as Mr. Chappel’s last night. He has gone back again to night. They came for him with the buggy.
We intended to have gone down to a circle at Mr. Chappel’s this evening, but it rains, so we cannot.
I wrote a letter to Floyd this evening.
Maria intended to have gone back to night, but she could not.

Monday, February 15, 1869
This has been a stormy day. It has snowed all day. We washed this forenoon, and this afternoon I finished my quilt, so it is all ready to quilt as soon as I get a lining for it.
There was a peddler here this afternoon. We did not buy anything.
Maria went home to night.
I feel about sick. I have such a bad cold, and a visitor into the bargain.

I have commenced a shirt for Rob this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment