Sunday, October 4, 2015

Saturday, October 3, and Sunday, October 4, 1868

Saturday, October 3, 1868
This has been a beautiful day. We moped and baked and cleaned the home generally this forenoon and in the afternoon we went down town, Melia and Clara and myself. Clara got a new pair of shoes and some calico to make her a dress. Her shoes was $2 and 40¢ and her calico was 15¢ per yard. She got 8½ yards. I got me a comb. It was 15¢, and I got a hair tie for 20¢ per yard. I got 1½ yards.
We got a letter from Ruth to night.

Sunday, October 4, 1868
This has been a lovely day. The sun has shone bright and clear all day. Rob and Melia and I went down to Church within this morning, and then he came up this afternoon to get some peaches. Him and Tom Stephens, they had just gone when Lois Chappel and May came.

Rob and Clara went to meeting this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment