Friday, October 2, 2015

Thursday, October 1, and Friday, October 2, 1868

Thursday, October 1, 1868
This has been a pleasant day, after the rain. We have had company this after[noon]. Mrs. Chappel and Mrs. McAin, they come up to spend the afternoon and get some peaches. Mrs. Macain bought a bushel at 2 dollars a bushel.
We had a pleasant spirit. Mrs. Mac told my fortune. She told me I was soon to be married to a young gentleman with dark eyes and dark hair and she said I was not to stay at home this winter, that I was going away soon.

Friday, October 2, 1868
Well and still another pleasant day, and we have had company again to day. Mary Potts and Susie Frakes come to spend the afternoon. We had a very pleasant visit.
Rob and Pa has been plastering a cistern for Mr. Hastings to day over to the old home.
David went to the fair to day in Pontiac. It is the last day. I did not go this year.
I have the tooth ache to night, but not as hard as last night.


1 comment:

  1. Do we know which Mary Potts this is? My grandfather's mother was Laura Potts.

    ReplyDelete