Friday, December 11, 2015

Thursday, December 10, and Friday, December 11, 1868

Thursday, December 10, 1868
This has been another severe day. The wind has blew a gale. I could not go down town again! I begin to think that I never shall get my club started, but I guess there is better days coming, so I must be patient.
I have been piecing again to day. I made a few more of my blocks and cut some for Ruth. I have used all the white of Ruth’s, and have not got them quite finished.
I got a letter from HSH to night. They are well.

Friday, December 11, 1868
Well, it has finally cleared up and stopped storming for the first time this week, but it is very cold yet.
Melia and I went down town this afternoon. I got my money collected, so I am able to send out my club to morrow if it does not storm.
It is very cold to night. I never know it freeze so much in our home so early in the season before as it has then.

No comments:

Post a Comment