Saturday, December 26, 2015

Thursday, December 24; Friday, December 25, and Saturday, December 26, 1868

Thursday, December 24, 1868
This has been a nice day. Melia and I went down town to see if my Box had come. We called at Mrs. Chappel’s and then went down town and found my Box had come! It came Tuesday night, so I guess we will go down and get it in the morning if we are all right.
I expected a letter to night, but there was none for us. I don’t see the reason they don’t write.

Friday, December 25, 1868
Well, Christmas is past and gone. One year has passed. It don’t seem ½ that to me! This has been quite a cold day, but Billy and Clara and I went down and got my Box this morning. Everything came real good! My shoes are nice. The express age on it was $2.85¢. I took down 11 pounds of butter. Got 30¢ per lb. I took down my shoes to be ______.

Saturday, December 26, 1868
This has been a pleasant day. We have been doing a little of everything to day. I have been distributing my goods to day. They were well pleased with them.
Maria came up this afternoon to stay until tomorrow night.
Melia and I went down town this afternoon. Heard Julia Mcain was very sick and expected to live till morning. I really hope she will be well!
Rob has just come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment