Saturday, November 14, 2015

Friday, November 13, and Saturday, November 14, 1868

Friday, November 13, 1868
            This has been a nice day. Melia and I went down town this afternoon to get signers, but we only got 1. I feel almost discouraged, and I don’t think I shall try much longer.
            Will went to mill this forenoon. He took down our dried apples to Work [?]. We got 12 cents per pound for them. We had 64 pounds.
            Rob is at work for Mr. Hawthorne.

            Saturday, November 14, 1868
            This has been another pleasant day. Maria and Melia and I went down town this afternoon. I did not get a signer at all to day. I guess I shall have to give it up.
            Rob has been at work for Mr. MaCain to day. Will & father have been at work at home, drawing wood.
            It looks like rain to night.

            I wish I could get signers enough to fill up my club.

No comments:

Post a Comment