Friday, November 20, 2015

Thursday, November 19, and Friday, November 20, 1868

Thursday, November 19, 1868
            This has been another wintry day. It has snowed most of the time. We have been piecing again to day. We have cut and pieced 11 blocks.
            Pa sold 14 sheep to day. He got 11 shillings for 12, and 1 dollars apiece for 2 lambs.
            Will has been chopping wood again to day.
            I suppose Isa Wait was buried to day. How sad it seems! She was taken away so very sudden.
           
            Friday, November 20, 1868
            This has been a pleasant day. Melia and I went down town this afternoon. I tried to get some more signers to day, but I did not succeed, so I guess I will send what I have got and let it go at that.

            We called at Mrs. David Stevens. Found her in trouble, for she fell last Tuesday morn and broke her arm just above her wrist. Melia and [I] got some calico to make us some dresses. It was 15¢ per yard. We got 19 yards.

No comments:

Post a Comment