Saturday, November 7, 2015

Friday, November 6, and Saturday, November 7, 1868

Friday, November 6, 1868
This has been a very pleasant day. I did not get any signers to day. I went over to Mrs. Harper’s this forenoon, but she thought she would not sign.
Mr. Canada was here this forenoon. He came down to blast stones, but Pa was not at home, so he could not do it to day.
Pa has been at work in the village to day, and so has Rob. He came home to night.
Maria and Clara went down town this morning.

Saturday, November 7, 1868

This has been a dull, cloudy day, and stormy day. It rained some this morning, but it cleared up in the afternoon, so Melia and I went down town in the afternoon. I got 3 signers, and I got my breakfast shawl that I sent for in Belle Tour’s club. I like it very much, and I got Rob’s custos [?] that he sent for in the same club. I bought 2 yards of calico to make a waist.

No comments:

Post a Comment