Sunday, January 24, 2016

Friday, January 22; Saturday, January 23; and Sunday, January 24; 1869

Friday, January 22, 1869
This has been a very warm day, so they say, but I don’t know much about it, for I have had a very sick day. It seems as though I would die for a little while; I had so much pain. I was taken in [the] morning with fainting, but I am thankful I am a great deal better to night.
They sent for Maria, and she came up. Mary Houchen came up to spend the day, but I am not able to.

Saturday, January 23, 1869
This has been a windy, cold day. I feel quite smooth to day, better than I expected I should. Maria is here to day. She thinks she will stay until Monday. I set up part of the day, but I feel very weak.
Maria is helping Mother make Pa pants. Billy is a good deal better. We expect Rob home to morrow to stay until night.

Sunday, January 24, 1869

This has been a very pleasant day. I feel some better again to day. I think Rob came up to day to see us. He got here about noon, but he has gone back again to night. Melia and Maria have gone up to Mr. Phillips to night. They are going to have a circle there to night. They went up in a load.

No comments:

Post a Comment