Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Sunday, January 3- Wednesday, January 6

Sunday, January 3, 1869
            This has been a very warm day. The snow is most all gone. Maria come up to day, and she has gone back again to night. Rob did not come home to day. I have been writing a letter to Add to day.
            I don’t feel very well to day. I have sick head ache.
            The sleighing is all spoiled now. The sun has not shone, but the air is warm and it looks like rain.

            Monday, January 4, 1869
            Another thawing day. We have washed and got our clothes dry. I have been at work on Clara’s dress this afternoon, and this evening I helped the girls sew some carpet rags. It is some colder to night, and I believe it will freeze to night.
            My head aches again to night.
            I have been making Clara’s dress, yoke, and hilt [?].
           
            Tuesday, January 5, 1869
            This has been a cold, windy, and stormy day. It has snowed most all day, but Melia and I went down town this afternoon to mail my letter. We took 3½ doz. of eggs and got ½ gallon of oil, which was 25¢. Then we went over to Maria’s and staid with her for awhile, for she was alone.
            I cut Clara’s dress waist this forenoon, and Melia iorned.

            Wednesday, January 6, 1869
            This has been a beautiful day. The sun has shone clear and bright all day. The snow is all gone that came yesterday.
I finished Clara’s dress.
I feel some better to day. I took some pills this morning and my head feels more clear.

Will has been hunting to day. Tom Stevens came over to go with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment