Sunday, January 31, 2016

Saturday, January 30; and Sunday, January 31; 1869

Saturday, January the 30/1869
This has been a cold day. The rain had turned into snow before morning, and it snowed most of the day. Melia moped and baked pies.
Will went down town the morning and did not get back until evening. He got a letter for Clara from Cad Hubbard.
I feel quite well. I have been sewing all day. I have got my blocks all sewed together, so I shall have to piece them now.

Sunday, January the 31/69
This has been a very pleasant day. The snow is all gone that came yesterday. Maria and Rob both have been here a little while to day. Maria could not stay long, for Mrs. Andrews was sick. Serene Mendham was here this afternoon to see if she could get Maria to work for her next month.
Will and Clara and Melia have gone down to a circle to Mrs. MaCain’s.

I wrote to _____ this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment