Sunday, March 20, 2016

Friday, March 18; and Saturday, March 19; 1869

Friday, March 19, 1869
            This has been a cold day, but not quite as cold as it has been. I have been doing a little of everything.
            Melia is not home yet. I wish I could hear how she is getting along! I hope well.
            It snowed part of the afternoon, but it is thawing down at about as fast as it comes. I shall be glad to have spring come. We have had so much stormy weather.
           
            Saturday, March 20, 1869
            This has been a real pleasant day. It has thawed very fast. I have baked bread and moped and baked pies, and I feel real tierd to night.
            Rob came home from New Hudson to night for good. I don’t know how long he will stay at home, but I guess not long.

            We have got no letters again to night. How I wish we could hear how Ruth is getting along!

No comments:

Post a Comment