Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Sunday, March 21; and Monday, March 22; 1869

Sunday, March 21, 1869
            This has been a splendid day. Melia and Maria both came home to day! Maria went back to night. Melia is going to stay until morning. Melia and Maria and Clara and I, and the boys, went down to Mr. Chappel’s to a circle and had a nice time indeed. There will be another Wednesday night, and I hope it will be so that I can go.

            Monday, March 22, 1869
            This has been a stormy day, or part of a day. It snowed all the afternoon. I washed this forenoon and baked bread.
            John came for Melia this morning.
            I feel about sick to night with a cold. Everybody is complaining of colds now!
            Rob went down town this afternoon. He brought an invitation to a party to Mr. Sherwood’s to night.
            It is William’s birthday party. He is of age to day.




Neice Notes: I’m not entirely sure if this is William Weaver or a possible William Sherwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment