Thursday, March 17, 2016

Monday, March 15; Tuesday, March 16; and Wednesday, March 17; 1868

Monday, March 15, 1869
            This has been quite a pleasant day. I washed this forenoon and have got my clothes dry.
            How I should like to hear how Melia is getting along. Seems as though she has been gone a month! Will saw John to day, and he told him that the children both have the measles, so I guess they are having a time of it.
            I don’t feel very well to night. I have a visitor.
            There could be good sleighing now if the snow had not drifted so much.

            Tuesday, March 16, 1869
            This has been a cold, windy day. I iorned this forenoon, and this afternoon swept and straightened up the front room. Clara went down town this afternoon to get some tea and sugar. She brought down some eggs. They were 16¢ per doz. She went over to Maria to see how she was getting along. She had been washing and said she did not feel very well. I hope it is nothing serious.
            Cad got no letters [?] to night.
           
            Wednesday, March 17, 1869
            Another cold day. We are having a very cold month so far. I moped and baked pies this forenoon, and this afternoon I did not do much of anything, for I have nothing to do. Have got the sewing all done.
            I wish I knew how Maria is to day, and I should like to hear how Melia is getting along.
            This is St. Patrick’s Day. Last  year at this time I could just sit up a short time after being sick a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment