Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Saturday, March 27; Sunday, March 28; and Monday, March 29; 1869

Saturday, March 27, 1869
Another spring day. The snow is almost gone. It seems so good to have it warm and pleasant, but it is dreadful muddy.
I feel disappointed again to night. There is another circle to Mr. Chappel’s to night, but we could not go, it is such bad walking. Rob and Will have gone down.
Pa has been down town most of the day. He got some sugar. It is 14¢ per lb.

Sunday, March 28, 1869
This has seemed more like a summer day than any other. We have had a thunder shower about noon, and then it cleared of and was real warm.
John came for Melia this morning before we was up and said Serene was sick, and so Melia got right up and went back with him.
Maria came up a little while.
Rob and Will and C. and I and Maria went down to Mr. Chappel’s to a circle, and it rained all the evening, so Rob brought us home with a horse and carriage.

Monday, March 29, 1869

This has been a very pleasant day. I washed and got my clothes dry. I wish I knew how Serene is to day. It will make it so hard for Melia if she is much sick! I think I shall go up and see how she is to morrow if it is pleasant. The snow is almost all gone, and it seems like rain again to night. It rained all night last night, and the wind is awful!

No comments:

Post a Comment