Saturday, March 12, 2016

Wednesday, March 10; Thursday, March 11; and Friday, March 12; 1869

Wednesday, March 10, 1869
            Oh, what a day of storms! It has snowed steady to day, and the wind blows a perfect gale, and oh how dreadful lonesome without Melia! Seems as though I should get used to it.
            I moped this forenoon and baked bread, and this afternoon I finished Melia[‘s] Night gown and done some mending.
            I wonder how Maria is getting along this week. I have not heard from her, and I should like to know how Melia gets along at her new place. I hope she likes it there.
           
            Thursday, March 11, 1869
            This has been another cold, stormy day. I have been doing a little of everything to day and have felt pretty lonely. Will went down town this afternoon. He got 2 letters, one from Cad and one from Add. They are all well. She said they got their Melodeon. It is 5 octaves and cost 123 dollars. They got it in Detroit.
            Will saw Mr. Sherwood. He has been to Saginaw and saw Ruth. She is sick abed with _____.
           
            Friday, March 12, 1869
            What a day this has been—so cold and stormy! It seems so dreary to have it storm so much and be so cold. I baked pies and made some fried cake this afternoon.
            Will has been to mill. He took grain to get ground for his horse.
            I wonder how Maria is getting along this week. Have not heard anything from her this week. Meant to have gone down to day, but it has been so cold!

            I wish I could hear from Ruth to night.

No comments:

Post a Comment